Lowering our Carbon Footprint
We are committed to lowering our carbon footprint and to reducing our impact on air quality, water and the environment.
We believe we have a duty to the environment. The autobody repair industry has taken huge environmental strides through the introduction of water-borne paint technologies. But at Bluespec we go further. Through the use of omission-elimination technology, we control and monitor every element of pollution.
We are equally committed to key health and safety principles in our workshops. We have implemented a range of control measures to guarantee the safety of both our autobody repair specialists and our clients.
Our environmental strategy has the following components:
Our systems minimise our emissions of fugitive dust (natural and human-associated dust that become airborne because of wind or work) as well as gases and smoke.
All our waste is subject to rigorous control.
- No domestic waste is buried or burnt.
- We maintain good housekeeping practices.
- We provide appropriate containers in designated areas, each clearly specifying which kind of waste it accepts.
- General waste, including paper, glass, plastics and aluminium, is recycled.
- Hazardous waste is stored in designated areas and disposed of in the statutory way.
- Used fuels, oils and greases are drained and contained for recycling or disposal.
- No temporary or illegal dumping is tolerated.
- All recycling methods are verified and documented.
We rigorously control and contain spillages of paints, oils, diesel and chemicals. In this way, we minimise the pollution of surface water.
We work hard to minimise the noise created by our operations. All our equipment and vehicles have been fitted with silencers. And we ensure all our workers wear protective equipment as specified by the Noise Control Regulations and associated standards and guidelines.